Get involved and join us for an upcoming event or activity. We have something for everyone.
If you're new to Vienna, join us for one of our upcoming events or activities. Meet some of our members, learn more about our club and see what we are all about! We can't wait to meet you.
Tours, Trips & SOCIAL Events
Mingle with members and learn more about Vienna at one of our exciting events. The fifteen plus strong Tours, Trips and Social Events team organise over 20 events a month for different age groups and tastes.
Some of our regular monthly events include:
- For our younger members: Ladies' Wine Evening and After Work Mingle.
- For our working members: An occasional event to enable networking with members who have reached the higher levels of their careers.
- For our senior members: Senior's Lunch and Senior's Afternoon Tea Party
- For all: Guided Trips, monthly luncheons, happy hour cocktails, brisk and gentle walks, and Behind the Scenes tours of museums and art galleries, the latter in the evenings, Ladies' Dining Experience and Couples' Late Night Mixer
- For spouses/ partners: MAWA, men of AWA, organise a monthly event on A Wednesday once every month
- President's Coffee: Twice a month on Friday mornings between 10am and 12pm, the President hosts members in the Clubhouse for coffee, or tea! No sign up is required.
Potential members are always welcome to come and sample our events. Look on the calendar for dates and times. The only event that is not open to potential members is the annual Coffee at the US Ambassador's residence.
Our Clubhouse hosts an assortment of member activities throughout the week. Come and join conversation classes in German, French, English, Spanish, Italian and Russian, play Scrabble or Mahjong, or join us for a Film Night. We also offer Crafting sessions, a Baby and Toddler Group, monthly Book Discussion groups, (both Crime and Literature), a Singing Group, a Creative Writing Group, and a Bible Study group.
Potential members are always welcome to come and taste our activities.
Weekly Coffee at Cafe Heiner
Kärntnerstraße 21-23, 1010 Wien
Wednesdays, 10am - 12pm
Join us every Wednesday at Cafe Heiner, a traditional Viennese coffee house. Our weekly coffee is a great place to meet friends - new and old - and learn more about Vienna. No need to sign up - just show up!
New members are welcome to come to the office and be accompanied to the Cafe by one of the Office Managers or the President.
Note: there is a lift but it is not directly located inside the Cafe.
New and potential members are welcome to have coffee at the Clubhouse with the President on Friday mornings. Look for President's Coffee on the calendar. There is a lift, so strollers and children are welcome too!We have childrens' furniture and toys!